If you’re an emerging printmaker who is new to submitting, please consider reading DCimPRINT’s handy guide, Printmaking 101: Applying for shows, first.
- Call For Entry.org
- Inkteraction! International Printmakers Network
- Smidgeon Press Calls for Printmakers
List of Printmaking Competitions, Exhibits, Exchanges and Artist in Residence Opportunities
- Bainbridge Open Print Show (London, UK) Entry Deadline: Entries to be submitted by 24:00 on 10 April 2013. Accepted work to be received by 3 or 4 May. Eligibility: not stated, traditional printmaking methods, 3 JPEGs can be submitted, 20£ fee
- WPG National Small Works Show Early bird deadline: April 17, 2013 ($20/4 images). Final deadline: May 18, 2013 ($30/4 images). Eligibility: printmakers age 18+ residing in the continental United States creating traditional, hand-pulled prints under 170 square inches.
- ARTspace Original International Print Exchange & Exhibit, Chatham, Ontario, Canada Deadline: submit from April 17 to May 25, 2013 Eligibility: An open call has been put out to artists, print studios and forums across the globe asking printmakers to create a print with a paper size no larger than 5 inches x 5 inches (12.7cm x 12.7cm) and an image size no larger than 4 inches by 4 inches (10.7cm x 10.7cm) in an edition of ten. Each artist will have one of their prints on display and for sale at the standard price of $75.00 + tax while the rest of the prints will be distributed among other participants, ensuring each artist will receive a suite of different prints.
- Hazelhurst Art Award (Sydney Australia) Entry Deadline: Entries to be submitted by 17:00 on 6 May 2013. Accepted work to be received by 14 June. Eligibility: apparently international, juried, $45 AUD Entry Fee per item.
$15,000 AUD prize plus several smaller prizes
- Print People Print Exchange 2013 Entry Deadline: Receive June 1, 2013 Eligibility: Worldwide, cost $15, submit 12 editioned prints of an edition of 12 or more, 6"x8" prints, open theme