Sunday, March 6, 2011

Interview with Fenny of Hungry Art

Fenny's Etsy Site and Blog

Biography

I am a student at Penn State studying economics.  Hungry Art originated as my high school senior project where I raised money through an art exhibition to help feed hungry kids. My shop has allowed me to continue to pursue my love of art, keeping me sane while I immerse myself in the world of lectures and exams.

Why printing?
 

I love to work with different colors, textures, and patterns. In printing, I can reproduce copies of my art work in different styles and designs. One design can look vintage or contemporary depending on the color I use. 

 
How long have you been printing and how has your work evolved? 

I picked up printing almost a year ago. My work is the very embodiment of ‘me’, but they have evolved to become more professional stylistically and literally. I have a library of ideas stored in my mind that show a different and more mature style, but now I just have to find the time to carve them!

What or Who influences your work? 

Bright colors, nature, memories, and meaningful quotes inspire me.

How do your promote your work? 

I normally just relist often and purchase a showcase spot every once in a while. Relisting is the most effective way for me to get noticed, especially since people like to use my art work in their treasuries!

No comments: